It’s understandably disheartening to have your song passed on. So, here’s a secret to help you improve your odds. You can schedule one-on-one 30 or 60-minute Private Listening Sessions with the same Street Pitch guests who provide pitch leads. Here are 5 ways this exclusive access to these industry pros gives you an invaluable approach to improving your pitching prospects:
- You can gain strategic pre-pitch information: Play songs that you believe have excellent pitch potential and get their input BEFORE submitting them.
- Learn from rejection: Present a previously passed on song to find out why it didn’t quite hit the mark and what can help improve your odds the next time.
- Receive guidance for works-in-progress: Share your worktapes and developing songs, enabling pitch guests to provide feedback and steer you in the right direction for your best results.
- Jog their memory of previously preferred songs: Remind them of songs they’ve enjoyed in the past, highlighting your adaptability and commitment to delivering what resonates.
- Expand your network: IMPORTANTLY, these sessions offer a unique opportunity to establish meaningful face-to-face connections that build rapport with music publishers for future communication.
Currently, Creative Director, Queenie Mullinex (Washington Street Publishing – Nancy Peacock pitch listings), Publisher, Bob Dellaposta (My 3 Kids Music), and Publisher Dallas Gregory (Song Rocket Music) are available to schedule private sessions at a time that is convenient for you.