Those of you who have been “on campus” for a while, know that at SongU our focus is on education, personal attention, and connections, even when it comes to PITCHING. That’s why the same pitch guests that are listening to your songs for their own meetings with artists and labels are also available to help you reach your songwriting goals. At SongU on any given day you can:
- Run your demo by a publisher before pitching it…just to get a sense of whether or not you’re on target.
- Play a simple work-tape of a song for a publisher before spending money and time on a demo.
- Bring in a song or part of a song, even a lyric that you’ve been stuck on to get some professional direction.
- Network directly with publishers, music licensing agents, and song pluggers.
- Hear back about the song you pitched to them, even if they pass on it.
Featured pitches: Do you have a female Pop song that would be great for TV Shows? An incredible Contemporary Country song with harmonies that would be perfect for a newly signed trio? An interesting song with a Singer-Songwriter vibe for a major label artist? Right now we have publishers looking for those songs and more to pitch for their upcoming meetings. And we want you to put your songs out there in the music industry and pitch! But before you do…
We would also like to suggest that in a competitive industry, it’s important to take advantage of every opportunity; whether it’s making your songs the best they can be, connecting with music industry professionals to find out what they’re looking for, or meeting a group of musical cohorts and peers, as well as experienced writers and publishers who will be there for you when you’re feeling a little discouraged.
If you are not already a member of SongU, come check it out. Book a private consultation with a publisher, hit songwriter, or producer, take one of our monthly small-group song feedback sessions led by industry pros, submit a song for written feedback from an award-winning coach and pitch a song or two.
If you have any questions, see our extensive FAQ or send a “contact us” support form and we will respond directly within 48 hours (usually less).
Stay safe and have a great and inspired day!